Saturday 8 October 2011

Getting to know you session

I had a couple of hours spare today so spent them on a getting to know you session with the bike and try and assess what needs to be done.
I got the tank and seat off and to my surprise everything is pretty tidy, dirty with some surface rust but it really is in pretty good nick cosmetically given its age.  The tank, headlight case and side panels are a mess and need painting but nothing that can't be tackled with a few rattle cans.
I checked and there seems to be reasonable compression, I took the plug out and squirted plug gas down the bore to help free up and gummed up piston rings if there are any.  I am fairly sure I will have to decoke the engine and clean a rebuild the carb before it runs but that is no real issue.
My task for this week is join the JAWA/CZ owners club as I can see I will plenty of advice in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment